Equine Canada Rider Level Program
Springfield Stables Students can become nationally certified riders! The Equine Canada (EC) Learn to Ride & Drive program was developed for individuals who wish to learn safe horsemanship and practices. The purpose of this program is to produce safe and knowledgeable horse people and to assist in the development of future instructors and coaches.
How to take part in the Learn to Ride Program:
- Join the OEF
- Review English Rider Evaluation Rubric – levels 1-8 with study guide
- Discuss with your Springfield Stables coach and determine the level you want to achieve
- Visit the Equine Canada E-Store to purchase the English Rider Manual(s). You may also wish to purchase the Stable Management in Canada manual. For inquiries, please contact Bryan McSorley at: email@example.com.
- Attend regular lessons to prepare for the rider level testing.
- Springfield Stables will hold an in class test preparation to work with candidates on the written portion of the test. Springfield Stables will notify candidates of the scheduled date and time of the test preparation class. There is a fee to attend and this class is optional.
- The completed exam and an administration fee is submitted to the OEF office by the evaluator or Springfield Stables.
- Your certificate and badge will be mailed to you approximately 4 weeks after the OEF office receives your completed exam and administration fee
- You keep working towards the next Rider Level!